Energy efficiency is a very important aspect of making sure you aren’t overpaying on your cooling and heating bills. In Tempe, it’s easy to crank up your AC during a scorching summer day. Try these tips and tricks to boost efficiency and drop the amount you’re paying every month on your cooling bills in Tempe:
- Insulate your walls and attic. Without insulation, your house’s temperature will be greatly affected by the outdoor temperatures.
- Update or add caulking around windows for the best seal.
- Add weatherstripping around doors to ensure hot air (and bugs) aren’t able to come into your home.
- Plant trees and shrubs around your home while being mindful of the sun at the hottest part of the day. It’s best to plant deciduous vegetation so in the summer you have shade and in the winter, when leaves are lost, sunlight reaches your home to help warm it up.
- Keep shades and curtains drawn during the hottest parts of the day to keep the sun and heat out.
- If you notice it’s going to be an especially cool day in Tempe, open up your windows to let the cool air in and then shut everything up tight in the morning to keep the cool air inside. Give your air conditioner a break anytime you can!
- Make sure your air conditioner is well-maintained by a professional at Honest air. If it’s having issues, it won’t reach maximum efficiency.
For air conditioner service Tempe locals trust, Honest Air should be the first place you look. Our expertise and outstanding customer care are what set us apart. We never settle for less than amazing service! Contact us today for more information.