Conserving energy isn’t just good for the environment – it’s good for your budget! Most people don’t love having to spend money on their utility bills and would much rather put that money toward something else. Luckily, saving energy doesn’t require expensive remodeling projects or solar panels – you can save energy without spending any money at all! Here are some easy ways to save energy this winter:
- Use the sun to your advantage. Open blinds and curtains during peak sunlight hours, especially for windows that get direct light. The warmth from the sun will help warm your space and can help reduce the need to run your furnace.
- Invest in a heated blanket or mattress pad or just pile on a few extra blankets on your bed so you can turn the heat down at night. Once you are tucked warmly in your bed, fast asleep, you won’t notice a few degrees difference, but your utility bill will!
- Be sure windows, doors, and chimneys are sealed properly. Replace weather stripping or caulking if needed. Inflatable inserts can be placed in your chimney to help reduce the air that leaks out of it.
- Use your ceiling fan to your advantage. Running a ceiling fan on low in a clockwise direction will help direct warm air down toward you. Be sure to turn it off when you aren’t in the room.
- Be sure your furnace is properly maintained. If your furnace is around 15 years old, it might be time to start thinking about replacing it. You can expect to see an instant savings on your utility bills when you upgrade your old system to a high-efficiency model. When you need help with HVAC installation Scottsdale residents call Honest Air. We can help you find a new furnace that works for your needs and your budget.